Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Making Avengers shoes for less than $7, using gold leaf, paint and decoupage.


From boring and bland $3 Kmart Canvas shoes........



TO THE AVENGERS ONE OF A KIND CANVAS SHOES WITH GOLD LEAFING!!



All for less than $7!!!!

I bought some decoupage glue, stomped through Spotlights aisles looking for tissue paper, or any similar type of paper with a cool pattern.  Then I saw the party serviettes.  PERFECT!!




I saw these Avengers ones and immediately thought of my daughter, who loves Marvel and all those sorts of things.  I cut out the little bits and pieces of the serviette.  I left none uncut lol.  I cut out hands and patterns and faces.  There were 12 serviettes in the pack and I only used 3.  I have a great idea for the left overs, I will wrap the shoes in them.  Perfect wrap for a perfect gift.



Serviettes are two very flimsy pieces of paper lightly put together, you just pull the two pieces apart and the pattern is now on an even lighter piece of paper.  Perfect for decoupage.  I glued and glued and glued.  I was torn about either making the shoes minimalist or just go for it and cover the whole shoes with no particular pattern.  I decided on the latter, and I am glad!  Once the first layer was dry I put more pattern pieces and words on the blank bits of the shoes and covered them in glue again.  I even covered the lace holes, while the glue was wet I poked the holes back through them.





This is minimalist Avenger shoes.















And this is not......


I was going to glitter the bottom edges, but during a sleepless night I had the awesome idea to put gold leafing on the edges.  My daughter deserves the best hehe.



So I grabbed my Mont Marte leafing size glue and I began gluing it all over the bottom edges of the shoes.  Left if for an hour because the longer you leave it the stickier it gets.  I got my gold leaf and carefully placed it all over the glued areas.














I put the gold leaf on with my finger, pushing it down a little, then I brush with an old paint brush along the gold leaf to smooth it down even more, and to make the lumpy bits fall off.  Let it dry.



While the shoes were drying I started painting the shoe laces.

I used normal acrylic red and blue paint, and added about 50% of Chromacryl Textile Medium, it basically turns it into fabric paint.  Makes it not as stiff. 
I just used cheap craft paint that I bought for my boys to use.  I painted a few layers on both sides of the shoe laces and then hung them out to dry.


Once dry I put the laces in the dryer to heat set the Chromacryl additive.  Then I put the laces in the shoes and proceeded to take the GLAM SHOTS!!

I loved doing this and I love the way they turned out.
















What's next I hear you ask????


SO MUCH IT NEVER ENDS!!!

I have uploaded my miniature polymer clay Jack o lanterns that glow video onto YouTube.  Here is the link,  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpgFuUdFo0dyREOhcSgXBrw      please like, comment and subscribe, I am determined to make my channel superb.  Next up on my blog and my YouTube is a Medussa Platter, Halloween inspired.  Miniature of course!


I am starting my dollhouse room box refurb tomorrow, and I will be posting that soon, too.

Here is the link for my Youtube Channel.......MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!

Please like, comment and subscribe!

Please follow me on facebook........... KristinaObrienart
I am also on Instagram.......... https://www.instagram.com/kristina_obrien_art/
Aaaand Pinterest....... https://www.pinterest.com.au/krystalrose316/pins/
And now on Etsy.........  https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/KrystalRoseCreations?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
And now Youtube.......https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpgFuUdFo0dyREOhcSgXBrw

Until next time.........




No comments:

Post a Comment